2013 DIRTY SPOKES GEORGIA OFF-ROAD DUATHLON SERIES
Location: Heritage Park, Watkinsville, Georgia
Date: April 13th, 2013 (Saturday)
Distance: 2 options: 2.8 Mi Run, 8 Mi Bike, 2.8 Mi Run Format (Traditional)
OR 2.8 Mi Run – 8 Mi Bike Format (Novice)
Course Map: 1st Run GPS | Bike GPS | 2nd Run GPS
Series: Dirty Spokes Georgia Duathlon
Presenting Sponsor: Maxxis Tires
Results: Solo Novice | Solo Traditional | Team Novice | Team Traditional
Photos: Not yet available.
We´re excited to present the 1st Annual Dirty Spokes Duathlon at Heritage Park.
Pricing below reflects the Traditional Run, Bike, Run Format. The Novice Category Run, Bike Format is $10.00 off the Traditional pricing (complete details please see our on–line registration page or mail in waiver forms). There will be race day registration (late fees apply ⁄ no guarantee of a t–-shirt with late or race day registration).
- Through April 1, 2013 $40
- After April 1, 2013 $45
- Race Day April 13, 2013 $50
- Through April 1, 2013 $60 (per team)
- After April 1, 2013 $65 (per team)
- Race Day April 13, 2013 $70 (per team)
Dirty Spokes is excited to offer Dri Fit Shirts at our races this year! That´s right a $25.00 value with your race registration! To be guaranteed of getting one of these awesome shirts – we recommend you register early (active.com or mail in registration). Again, NO GUARANTEE of a Dri Fit Shirt with late or race day registration.
- 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Race Check-in
- 8:15 a.m. Racers Meeting
- 8:25 a.m. Bikes / Gear Positioned In The Transition Area
- 8:30 a.m. Race Start
- All participants will be required to wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet at all times while riding. Penalty is DQ.
- No outside assistance is permitted at any time during the race. Racers may assist other racers.
- All food and drink for the race must be either carried with the racer or staged in the transition area. There will be no water stops on the course.
- You must run or walk your bike out of the transition area.
- After crossing the finish line, racers will be directed into a finishing chute so that they can be scored appropriately. We will be using "Chip Timing".
- Race numbers must be visible at all times.
- Cutting the course is not permitted. Penalty is DQ.
- The relay exchange will take place in the transition area. This exchange will be done by transferring the timing chip from the runner to the biker.
- In the event of a mechanical, the racer must cross the finish line with his/her bike to receive an official finish time.
- Please exercise caution and good sportsmanship when passing other racers on the trail.
We will be using "Chip Timing" for this race. Two person relay teams will need to wear a provided timing chip which will function as their "baton" to hand off to their teammate.
Packet pickup will be the morning of the race starting at 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.. Race starts at 8:30 a.m. SHARP!
This is great single and double track off-road running experience. Please see GPS Data for course info.
Dirty Spokes will be handing out medals and prizes to our overall top 3 male and female finishers. We will also be handing out medals to our top 3 male and female finishers in each age group. Awards will be given out when we have enough finishers in to fill the categories. Medals will be given out to the top three finishers in each category.