2013 DIRTY SPOKES GEORGIA OFF-ROAD DUATHLON SERIES
Location: Allatoona Creek Park, Acworth, Georgia
Date: May 18, 2013 (Saturday)
Distance: 2 options: 3.1 Mi Run, 11 Mi Bike, 3.1 Mi Run Format (Traditional) OR 3.1 Mi Run – 11 Mi Bike Format (Novice)
Course Map: 1st Run GPS | Bike GPS | 2nd Run GPS
Series: Dirty Spokes Georgia Duathlon
Presenting Sponsor: Maxxis Tires
Results: Solo Novice | Solo Traditional | Team Novice | Team Traditional
Photos: Not yet available.
REGISTER: Online registration is closed. Please register in person. | Mail-In Entry Form
We´re excited to present the 1st Annual Dirty Spokes Duathlon at Allatoona Creek Park.
Pricing below reflects the Traditional Run, Bike, Run Format. The Novice Category Run, Bike Format is $10.00 off the Traditional pricing (complete details please see our on–line registration page or mail in waiver forms). There will be race day registration (late fees apply ⁄ no guarantee of a t–-shirt with late or race day registration).
- Through May 8, 2013 $40
- After May 8, 2013 $45
- Race Day May 18, 2013 $50
- Through May 8, 2013 $60 (per team)
- After May 8, 2013 $65 (per team)
- Race Day May 18, 2013 $70 (per team)
Dirty Spokes is excited to offer Dri Fit Shirts at our races this year! That´s right a $25.00 value with your race registration! To be guaranteed of getting one of these awesome shirts – we recommend you register early (active.com or mail in registration). Again, NO GUARANTEE of a Dri Fit Shirt with late or race day registration.
- 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Race Check-in
- 8:15 a.m. Racers Meeting
- 8:25 a.m. Bikes / Gear Positioned In The Transition Area
- 8:30 a.m. Race Start
- All participants will be required to wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet at all times while riding. Penalty is DQ.
- No outside assistance is permitted at any time during the race. Racers may assist other racers.
- All food and drink for the race must be either carried with the racer or staged in the transition area. There will be no water stops on the course.
- You must run or walk your bike out of the transition area.
- After crossing the finish line, racers will be directed into a finishing chute so that they can be scored appropriately. We will be using "Chip Timing".
- Race numbers must be visible at all times.
- Cutting the course is not permitted. Penalty is DQ.
- The relay exchange will take place in the transition area. This exchange will be done by transferring the timing chip from the runner to the biker.
- In the event of a mechanical, the racer must cross the finish line with his/her bike to receive an official finish time.
- Please exercise caution and good sportsmanship when passing other racers on the trail.
We will be using "Chip Timing" for this race. Two person relay teams will need to wear a provided timing chip which will function as their "baton" to hand off to their teammate.
Packet pickup will be the morning of the race starting at 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.. Race starts at 8:30 a.m. SHARP!
Race Route / Info: 90% of the course will be marked with signs and pink tape the week before the event for those wishing to pre ride/ run the course. Pastures and race course will be freshly mowed for ease of seeing race route and well as easing the running through the grass.
The start will begin near the tree line of the first pasture and head directly to the FS road that cuts through the center of the park. The runners will turn left onto the FS road and head to the Rusty Bucket trail. Rusty Bucket will be run in a counter clockwise direction and at the end of the singletrack will take a hard right hand turn onto the cross country running course. The course will wind through pastures, wood lines and parallel the creek before taking another hard right turn to run the wood line between a food plot and wood line. The course then crosses the main FS road into a wooded double track cross country run that is in a counter clockwise manner that winds back to the transistion in the first main field.
From the transition riders will follow the same direction as run course up the FS road leading to Rusty Bucket Trail. There will be a hard right turn into tight single track for 1/3 mile before heading onto the access trail to Masons Bridge Loop. All riders will do 2 laps of Masons Bridge Loop before heading back on the access trail and a hard right turn onto the 2nd half of Rusty Bucket Trail. At the end of Rusty Bucket riders will take a hard right turn onto FS road which will loop through grassy tree lined fields that end at the transition area.
The course is a mixture of single track with tight twisty sections and double track with with plenty of room for passing and faster speeds. There are 2 very short rock gardens, several bridge crossings as well as plenty of banked turns and shallow dips to keep the riders on their toes. The bike portion is right at 11 miles according to GPS.
Dirty Spokes will be handing out medals and prizes to our overall top 3 male and female finishers. We will also be handing out medals to our top 3 male and female finishers in each age group. Awards will be given out when we have enough finishers in to fill the categories. Medals will be given out to the top three finishers in each category.
2013 RACE DAY VIDEO